Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow, its been awhile!

So, as usual, I have not blogged in forever! I think I am going to quit promising to post more because it just doesn't happen. Maybe if I don't say anything I will actually end up posting more. Kind of a reverse logic thing, HA! 

I had a wonderful break from school. A nice long 2 months off! It was VERY hard to go back yesterday. I was so used to sleeping late and making my own schedule. Now it's back to getting up early, fighting the traffic, papers, projects, and classes that feel like they will never end. One thing I don't like about this semester is that I will be student teaching on Mondays & Thursdays, so that means that I am taking 12 hours on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Yep, that means two 3 hour classes back-to-back on Tuesdays and then the same on Wed.--meaning all my classes are back-to-back. UGH! 

This past weekend was very scary. My precious niece had to be taken in an ambulance to the children's hospital Sunday evening because she was having a horrible asthma attack. My mom called to tell me and I immediately freaked. Joey & I jumped in the car, praying all the way over there that God would watch over her. I was able to go back into her room with my sister. It broke my heart to see her hooked up to all the monitors. She was so scared and she kept telling me "I'm so scared. I just want to go home. I thought I was going to die!" After about four hours at the hospital, four breathing treatments, steroids, and some tylenol they decided to send her home. 

My sister noticed that her cough sounded worse today so she took her back to the doctor. Guess what...she has walking pneumonia on top of her asthma! Why they didn't do x-rays at the hospital I don't know, but I'm so sad for my poor baby! I know what it's like to have pneumonia, and it is absolutely miserable!

As you can imagine, I've been a little busy! I am strapping on my seat belt though and getting ready for the ride, I have a feeling this semester is going to be something else! Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

one-hit_wonder said...

Ah, you poor thing! School sounds gross, and that's awful about your niece. So scary. I hope you're both ok.

Btw, I posted about my RE appointment - it went well. :)