Friday, December 26, 2008

Time to recoup

All of the hustle and bustle is finally over, and now it is time to rest! Joey bought me something for Christmas that I have wanted for a very long time--the Celtic Woman dvd! If you have never heard them, then you need to immediately! Their voices are like angels and they have the amazing power to put me to sleep in a matter of only about 5 minutes!

After we got home from an awesome day with our family we were exhausted and I knew just what we needed!! We put the dvd on and I kid you not, I was out before the first song was over. Ahh, sweet bliss!! :)

I also want to brag just a little bit because I made all A's this semester. Yes, I got a 4.0!!! I've done this before, but it meant alot more to me this semester because it was so challenging. Now, if I can get a 4.0 my last two semesters I will be ecstatic! 

One thing I am even more excited about though is my GPA. When I went back to school I told myself that I wanted to graduate with honors. I have been working hard at this, and when I transferred from UTSA to UT, I did not realize that my GPA did not come with me. So, I left my amazing GPA at UTSA and had to start over from scratch at UT. Now we all know that your end-of-semester GPA is not as important as your cumulative GPA. The cumulative is the one that really counts! Last semester my cumulative GPA was a 3.66. It was ok, but not quite where I wanted it to be since it was much higher at UTSA. Well, when I checked my grades the other day I was thrilled to see my cumulative GPA had been updated to a........................... 3.75!!!!! Now, that's more like it!!! Thank you God! One step closer to graduating with honors! :)

I hope you & your families had a wonderful Christmas! Now I'm off to rest.......yeah right! haha

3 comments:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I am so proud of you britt! you have worked so hard and I cant wait to see you graduate with honors! I know, with God's strength, you can do it!!!!

Taylor said...

Ha ha ha!!! You make me laugh. The answer to your question would be, yes! :) I just updated so read all about it! And what an AWESOME GPA!!! Well done!

one-hit_wonder said...

Well done on the GPA! You worked hard for it, plus you're brilliant, so you deserve it!