Sunday, August 17, 2008

I

I just had to post one more time before I leave for vacay. I stole this idea from Melissa at Stretch Marks, but it's ok because she said it was ok :)

I AM ...very excited about going to the coast for an entire week! I am also hoping & praying it doesn't rain the whole time.

I WANT... to be a shining light for Christ. I want people to look at me and see something different and say "Man, I want whatever she has," so that they may ask me and I could share with them the beauty of my Savior. I want to be there for people in their times of need to remind them just how much God loves them.

I HAVE ... a little crazy, obsessive quirk where I don't like any of my food to touch each other on my plate. Yeah, I know...it's just one of those things. Have you ever seen Toys? Well, in the movie there is a scene where LL Cool J's character says something about not wanting any of his food to touch the other food on his plate and how he wants to build a fort around his mashed potatoes so his green beans don't invade. (I don't remember the exact words but it was something like that--totally me! HA!)

I WISH I COULD ... not care so much about what other people think of me.

I HATE ... any kind of bug! With a passion!

I FEAR ... losing anyone close to me & never becoming a mom.

I HEAR ... the words being spoken but am not completely convinced.

I SEARCH ... for inspiration in many things in life.

I DON'T THINK ... my faith is strong enough or that I give God enough credit.

I REGRET ... things I did before I was saved. I know I am forgiven, but it's still hard to forget.

I LOVE ... Jesus. my husband. my family. my friends. my cat. my church. children. diet dr. pepper. mexican food. the smell outside right after it rains. freshly mowed grass. fresh laundry. warm, fluffy towels. expensive hotels. air conditioning. cookie cake at the mall. shopping. Dallas. Texas. thunderstorms. photography. scrapbooking. blogging. interior decorating. wii tournaments with my family. riding in a convertible in the winter with the top down and the heater on. roadtrips. willow tree figures. jewelry. mayonnaise. painting my toenails. the way my legs feel right after i shave. fluffy puppies. the smell of gasoline. being creative. flip flops. eating breakfast for dinner. when my husband runs his fingers through my hair to help me fall asleep. celebrity gossip. dumb teenage reality shows, aka the hills. movies. singing in the car. highlighting my mom & sister's hair. having my eyebrows waxed. my niece's laugh.

I ACHE FOR ... the day I become a mommy.

I ALWAYS CRY ... during baby dedications at church.

I AM NOT ... being snobby or rude when I am quiet, I am just extremely shy when I first meet someone.

I DANCE ... all the time!

I SING ... at the top of my lungs while I'm driving by myself.

I NEVER ... respond to e-mails quickly enough.

I RARELY ... get a head start on my school work. Can you say procrastinator?

I CRY WHEN I WATCH ... "A Baby Story" on TLC. every. single. time.

I AM NOT ALWAYS ... confident.

I HATE THAT ... I am not sure about more things in my life. I wish God would let me in on His plan a little more.

I'M CONFUSED ABOUT ... well, let's not even go there.

I NEED ... to pray more, eat better, and be more outgoing.

I SHOULD ... clean my desk, it's a mess and it is driving me crazy.

3 comments:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Love it! your such a freak though...a no food touching, gas smelling, eyebrow waxing, mayo loving freak! And I love you for it! :)

Amanda said...

Oh sweetie!!! I remember crying at "A baby story", "Baby dedications", Sanctity of Life day, every time a friend anounced her pregnancy (after I squeezed the smile I knew should be on my face...I went home an bawled my eyes out), every time my cycle resulted in a "not pregnant" outcome!! Bless your heart!! I can feel that pain and know it intensely. Then when I lost that first pregnancy...I litterally thought I would die!

I am praying fervently that God will reveal to you His deep love and give you peace and surrender to His perfect will. I know after having a child it is hard for you to believe that I can relate, but let me tell you that the lessons I had to learn before God gave me a child was: Surrender!! Before I ever knew if He would grant me my desire to be a mom, He clearly spoke to me during the singing of "I surrender ALL!" at church one Sunday. He said, "No, you haven'!" This was about 6 months after I miscarried...He said, "You HAVE NOT SURRENDERED your RIGHT to be a mother!!" Wow!! You see I was certain that God had called me to motherhood and I was not going to be content until He came through!! It was then, and to this day, that He started teaching me the deepest lessons about real surrender.

I read this last night in Beth Moore's "Breaking Free"...it must have been for you because it was in a later chapter...I was just skimming the book and my eyes fell on this:
"Hearts not surrendered to God can seldom be trusted. Until we surrender our hopes and dreams to Christ, we really have very little way of knowing what would fulfill us."

Britt, I hope you receive this with the love that is intended!! I'll be praying for you while you are on vacation and I pray that God's love will fill you up and comfort you while you wait on his promise to make you fruitful!!

Habakuk 3:17-18 helped me a lot during my infertility struggle.

taratoons said...

Love your new look! I cry every time I watch "A Baby Story", too! Have a great day!!