Sunday, November 9, 2008

Life

I'm so sorry. This once a month blog thing has to end. To be truthfully honest, I have been so caught up in school (which is my life right now) that I just haven't had a moment to sit down and write. I really miss it though because writing is incredibly therapeutic for me.

My last day for this semester is Dec. 3 & it is rapidly approaching! While I am excited because I will have a month and a half off before the next semester, I also don't want it to come too quickly because I still have about a gazillion projects and papers left to finish. I do not know what grade I will be student teaching in next semester yet, but I can't wait to find out!

It is very exciting/a little scary to think that at this time next year I will be preparing to graduate!!! After what will be four and a half years, I will have finally reached one of the biggest goals I have ever had. Of course, I am completely in awe of God. He has been by my side and without Him, I would not be where I am today. I am a little scared just because I have been in school for so long that the thought of going back out into the workforce is a little nerve-wrecking. Then again, I know that God will provide the perfect job for me & I will finally be teaching precious children which is what I have always wanted!

I am excited about what the future holds for Joey & me. When I am out of school our lives will be different. We will both be working full-time jobs (although school might as well be a FT job right now minus the pay!) which means we will have a second income for the first time in years! This also means new opportunities.

Over the next year we will be faithfully praying & asking God what steps we should take. I guess I should say that I am specifically talking about children. When I first went back to school we had just started fertility treatments. That time was an incredible learning experience for us, but was also full of sadness. I ended up having to undergo surgery and then had problems with huge cysts, and eventually I couldn't handle going to the DR every other day and trying to focus on school at the same time. It was emotionally draining and so we decided to stop treatment. However, as my graduation approaches I find myself thinking about the one and only thing that I have ever wanted in this life more & more, and that is to be a mom. So, please join Joey & me in prayer asking God to guide us in the direction we need to take to become parents once and for all.

I hope to post again soon. I love you all!!

Love,
Britt

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I am praying for decisions to be made in the future. Treatment stinks... the emotional roller coaster it takes you on. It is frustrating. Hugs!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I am also praying for you to be a mom and Joey to be a dad, and I am praying for this transaction over the next year from student to Teacher will be a smooth one. If anyone I know is capible of being awesome at it, it is you! :) Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Don't lose faith! There are MANY references in the Bible where God closes and opens the womb. Don't lose heart...it's all in His time (which I know can be frustrating...lol). I'll be praying!

Sunny said...

Your sister Nikki directed me over here after leaving a comment on my blog. Having gone thru IVF 3x to no avail - I can completely understand the meaning of the word draining. It is taxing in every way: spiritually because you pray diligently for God to move in this way, financially because it's not cheap that's for sure, emotionally because your hopes are invested, physically because of what your body is enduring, and certainly relationally because those around you are reacting to what you are going thru whether their reactions are what you need or not (sometimes the not is so painful). I hope that you'll stop by my blog and I'll check in on you too! I pray you and yours have a great thanksgiving!

http://allthingssunny.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-hurts-long-post-alert.html